Kylan literally cracks me up. She's the funniest little girl I know. She's got more energy, more love, more personality, and more cheesiness (is that even a word?) than she knows what to do with. All of this combined with her demanding personality keeps me on my toes, but also keeps me laughing. She's really into pretend food lately and she will go around the house pretending to feed anyone from her rocking horse to her baby doll. Ryan and I (and whoever else may be at the house) are not exempt from being a target. And at my parents house they have an entire set of pretend food, plates, silverware, etc that Kylan is WAY into now. And here at home she'll set up the "big girl" table that we put in her room with food/plates/etc, sit down in a chair and sometimes puts a stuffed animal in the other chair and they'll have a nice little meal time together. It's one of the only things that will hold her attention for longer than 2 minutes at a time. It's fun to watch her little brain and imagination at work. She's really got a creative side. She's also started coloring lately (for short periods of time and with lots of supervision). Sometimes she'll just take crayons to a blank piece of paper, other times we'll get out the Curious George coloring book and put color to some of those pictures. She also likes stickers right now, so just putting stickers on a page can turn into a fun event.
I feel like there is just SO much that she is learning, saying and doing that it's pretty much impossible for me to keep up with and keep a record of! As she is learning, saying and doing more and more, I am finding time to keep track of it less and less.
But I can try...
If you haven't spent time around her, Kylan is talking like crazy these days. She's been talking for awhile now, but usually just a word at a time, and pretty choppy. Now it seems like she just one day decided to start putting it all together and she's saying 3-4 word phrases/sentences. She can tell "stories" now by putting enough nouns together that I know what she's saying. For instance, she wanted to tell Ryan about what we did during the day one afternoon. We had Ryan's parents' dog, Chewy, with us for a few days while they were in NYC and I decided to take her and Kylan out for a walk. I put Kylan in the a baby backpack on my back, put Chewy on a leash, and we headed out. With the dog pulling me along at quite a pace, and with Kylan saying that she wanted out of the backpack, we didn't last too long- but it was fun while it did. When we got back home, Kylan saw my phone sitting there, picked it up and pretended to call Ryan. This is how the "story" went: "Daddy- me, Mommy, woof woof, backpack, yeah!" Haha. Ok, so it's not quite a real story, or a real sentence. But it was one of her first attempts to tell one and I thought it was a great. Guess that's a mother for ya.
Speaking of phones, Kylan thinks Ryan's bluetooth earpiece is so cool. She sees him using it a lot and one day she picked it up, put it to her ear and walked around saying "Hello Dora. Hi Boots!" (Can you tell she's a "Dora the Explorer" fan?) Now she does that all the time. High tech baby.
Another fun thing I'll mention (like this isn't getting insanely long as it is) is love for "dress up". I guess I can't say it's in full swing yet, because she really can't dress herself in other clothes or costumes or anything (she needs mommy or daddy's help), but what she really loves to do is accessorize. She's been doing this for months now, but it's becoming more often lately. She'll put on 3 necklaces, a gold medal, a bracelet and an anklet, fill up her backpack (her favorite) with toys/stuff and ask me to help her put it on, put one of her hats on her head, fill up her purse with a fake cell phone, keys, wallet, etc, and then finally just start marching around the house like that. Sometimes she'll even try to get on her rocking horse with all this garb on. And since we already have her Halloween costume (a lion), she always wants to put that on and run around the house practicing her "roar". All of it is quite a sight to see.





I'm sure this overview doesn't do Kylan justice for all that she's learning, but I had to try to put some of it down on paper (or computer, really) before I got even more overwhelmed by all that she's doing! 
No comments:
Post a Comment