Thursday, March 27, 2008

Forgotten Skills.

I failed to mention a few things that Kylan has been able to do. This entry is mainly for my own documenting purposes.

A couple signs I forgot that she has been doing for a little while are "coat", "blanket", "hat", and "keys". She can also point to her head, eyes, ears, and nose when prompted (or when she hears "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes")- but sometimes gets a little confused and mixes them up if she's going too fast.

Also, she can say "Daddy" and "Dada" (she interchanges them) and knows that it means Ryan for the most part now. But she does tend to just babble with lots of "dada duh duh dadas" so sometimes it can mean a plethora of things. And, sadly, when I point to myself and ask her, "Kylan, can you say 'mama'?" she inevitably says "Dada" loud and clear. Great. I'm the one who spends day in and day out with her, and yet she can't even repay me with saying my name. Sheesh. But even though it's not my name that she's saying, it's still pretty cute to watch her point to a picture of Ryan and say "Daddy" or hear her excited "Dada!" if he goes in to get her when she wakes up from a nap. I'm sure there are probably other things she's trying to say because she roams around the house babbling to herself and at anything she sees all day long. We just can't decipher any of it.

Ok, that's it- I think...

No comments: