Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sick As Dogs.

I believe we have finally left the most awful week of sickness behind us.  Luckily, Ryan made it through without catching even a little bit of it- but Kylan and I (and my entire side of the family) were not at all as lucky.  It's been a long time since I've felt that miserably sick.  And Kylan, in her short little lifetime, has never had more than a little cold until now.  Poor girl.  I have never seen her like she was for this entire week.  She was lethargic, quiet, tired, had no appetite, etc.  Besides cleaning up the awful bouts of diarrhea for an entire week (and when I say awful, I mean overflowing diapers to the point of soaking her entire sleeper AND creating a huge puddle on the floor) I actually LOVED having a snuggly, lovable, subdued little girl.  This is the first time since the day she was born that we've ever been able to hang out and snuggle up together.  We watched movies together, laid on the couch together, took naps together, read books together, etc.  Between my throwing up and the death grip on my stomach and the constant flow from Kylan's other end, I'm surprised that I actually felt like it was a somewhat "good" experience.  (Though it really was so miserable that I swear I wouldn't ever wish it on my worst enemy.)  Ultimately, we couldn't have done it without Ryan's help and his flexible schedule.  As much as I think it actually worked in my favor that Kylan and I were sick at the same time (can you imagine a fully well Kylan running crazy, energetic circles around me while talking non-stop at the top of her lungs- as it is every day in this house- while I was feeling the sickest I've ever been?!?!), I also think it was one my biggest challenges thus far as a mom.  To feel my absolute worst,  but to have to give any energy I did have to take care of Kylan's needs (which were certainly above and beyond normal at this point).  Quite the experience, I must say.  So glad its all over and we're getting back to normal.


Tell me when we might ever see this again?!?!  Kylan LAYING STILL on the couch, snuggled up under a blanket (with her monkey of course), not making a sound.

No comments: