Apparently Kylan does not react well to mosquito bites. Last Friday when we were out in Hartville for Merge, even though she was covered in bug spray, Kylan still seemed to get eaten alive. Every time we'd look at her there'd be mosquitos feasting on her face, arms, neck, etc. So we eventually went indoors, but I guess not soon enough. The next day, Saturday, they were red and swollen, but basically looked normal. On Sunday, they were a little more red and a little more swollen and looked sort of like chicken pox on her face and arms (if I hadn't seen the mosquitos with my own eyes I probably would have thought that's what they were). Come Monday they hadn't changed much from that, but also didn't get any better. By the time Friday rolled around, I was worried because I thought they should have gotten better by that point, but instead had stayed swollen and now had large red circles around each one.




None of them seemed to bother Kylan at all, thank goodness, but they looked horrendous. We called the doctor Friday morning, but they wouldn't answer any questions over the phone and we couldn't get an appt until the next week. So I called my best friend Jenny who is a Physicians Assistant. She said they looked like they had become infected and that we possibly need to take her into StatCare to get some antibiotics if they didn't get better. But she said first we could try to dry them up with some Calamine lotion over night to see if that would help. So we did the best we could to get the crazy girl to stand still for a minute to cover each bite with the pink goo. She didn't take too well to that situation and more lotion probably ended up smeared onto her shirt and into her eyes than on the bites. But we did manage to get at least a little on most of them. And then when she woke up Saturday morning, they looked much better than they had- less red and less swollen. They looked even better today. So I think after a week of dealing with these, we're on the upswing.

No comments:
Post a Comment