Sunday, July 13, 2008
New Signs.
Lately, Kylan hasn't been using all of the signs that she learned in her first year because mainly she's been trying to talk instead of sign. But she just now picked up the signs for "Daddy" and "Mommy" and is very proud of herself for doing it. Now that she's older, I really only have to show her a new sign a few times and then help her do it a time or two and she has it down pat. But even though she's much more teachable at this point, I don't find myself doing many with her because she's already speaking so much. My idea for the signs in the first place was to let her communicate with me before she could say anything. Now that she tries to say most things, I find myself (and see her) using them less and less. They certainly come in handy though with some words that are still hardly distinguishable or ones she hasn't attempted. And even after she does speak well, I think we may keep up with the sign language as a side hobby. It's never bad to know a second form of language.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment