I have to say, all the potty books and potty DVDs are hysterical. There's one DVD in particular called "Go Potty Go" that Kylan absolutely LOVES. She would watch it all day everyday if I would let her. The theme song (uniquely titled "Go Potty Go" as well) is in all of our heads all of the time. We could probably sing it to you in its entirety on the spot if you asked- not to mention being able to recite most of the potty books by heart. Gotta love it. Looks like these things will be part of every day life for awhile.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Potty!
Well, the time has come. Kylan has been starting to get interested in the potty for whatever reason over the last month or so, and now it seems we may be in the beginning stages of potty training. A couple weeks back, I bought her a little potty to put in her bathroom because she kept talking about one and I thought it'd be a good way to just let her get used to the idea eventually. We also found some books at the library about going potty (including a Dora one that has a button that you push to make a flushing sound) along with a couple DVDs. All this together has apparently made her even more interested and as of Tuesday September 30th, 2008 she peed in the potty for the very first time! Up until this point, she's been telling us when she poops, but when we finally get to the bathroom, she's already gone in her diaper. And she's never really been able to tell us when she has to pee, so we'll just sit there hoping something happens every once in awhile. This time, she sat down, Ryan started reading a few of her potty books to her, and voila! She peed in the potty! At first she goes "Uh oh, uh oh!" and was worried that she did something wrong. But as soon as Ryan and I reassured her that it was a good thing, that she was a big girl, and started celebrating with her, she threw her arm up in the air and yelled "Hooray!" So we kept celebrating, she got a treat and a sticker, and she was very happy. I know it's a small thing, but it's a start. At this point we're pretty relaxed about it all, seeing as she's only 19 months old. So we just let her go when she wants to "try". That way she's getting used to the idea, but isn't being pressured and can move at her own pace. I think she just enjoys feeling like a "big girl".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Sarita...you are sooo great at painting a picture of Kylan and her antics! WOW is all I can say! She is just growing up TOO FAST!
Really excited about seeing her (all of you)!!
Post a Comment