Over the last 3-4 months Kylan has really taken to trying to feed herself at each meal. She started by grabbing my hand and "helping" me guide the spoon into her mouth. Soon after that I let her try it herself (to no avail- she REALLY stunk at the skill). Then over the last month or two, she was really acting more independent and didn't want much help at all. So, even though it was an absolute mess, I have been letting her spoon feed herself her oatmeal-ish breakfast cereal in the morning and stabbing at some pasta spirals (with her toddler-safe fork, of course) in the evenings at dinner. I have to say, over the last few months, she has certainly made some progress! She can actually do a good amount of it herself these days. That's not to say any of it is without a mess even still:) But hey, what 1-year-old's meal time is completely clean and mess free, right?






No comments:
Post a Comment